Gian joined Hassans in 2013 and is a Senior Associate in the Corporate & Commercial Team.
His practice consists primarily of corporate and private client work, advising on a variety of transactions including corporate restructures, multi-jurisdiction financing, sales and acquisitions and joint ventures. He is also experienced in the establishment of Gibraltar-based corporate and trust structures and their management.
Some notable examples of recent work that Gian has undertaken include:
- Advising on and co-ordinating a full corporate restructure of a group with over 50 subsidiaries and worth over £150 million;
- Acting for the lender in respect of a £50m project/asset financing transaction;
- Acting for an international commodities trading business in relation to its Gibraltar structure from its establishment in 2016;
- Acting for Sunborn (Gibraltar) Limited in respect of the Gibraltar law aspects relating to the issuance of up to Euro 60,000,000 of Senior Secured Floating Rate Bonds which were listed on Nasdaq Stockholm; and
- Involvement in the consultation and drafting process with the Government of Gibraltar in relation to the Companies Act 2014.
After graduating from the University of Exeter with an LLB (Hons) degree, Gian completed the Bar Professional Training Course at the City Law School in London. A member of the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, he was admitted to the Bar of England & Wales in 2013 and the Gibraltar Bar in 2014. Gian also attained the Professional Certificate of Competence in Gibraltar Tax from the University of Gibraltar in 2019.