Chloe Oppenheimer is a Senior Associate in the Corporate and Commercial Department and the Hassans’ Fintech team. Chloe obtained a BA Hons degree in International Affairs with a minor in Law, Policy & Society from Northeastern University in Boston before spending a year at the London School of Economics studying law. She then went on to do the Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in London, where she obtained an LLB Honours degree.
Chloe joined Hassans in 2011 and was admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales in October 2013. During her time at Hassans, Chloe has worked on a variety of commercial transactions, including multi-jurisdictional transactions, complex joint venture arrangements, group reorganisation, floatations on AIM, setting up local businesses, sales and purchases of companies and drafting legislation.
The following are some notable examples of work that Chloe has undertaken:
- Assisting with the purchase of a high-profile local bank.
- Advising on the corporate and commercial law aspects of property investment deals which involved debt and equity finance.
- Assisting a Gibraltar public limited company which specialises in the exploration and acquisition of precious metals, on its flotation on London Stock Exchange AIM.
- Advising and assisting on the Gibraltar corporate aspects of a $950 million bond issue by one of the leading service providers to the energy and industrial sector.
- Coordinating and advising on a £90 million sale of a London based property group.
- Drafting documentation relating to a £50 million facility provided to a gaming company.
- Preparing commercial agreements for DLT / crypto currency companies.
- Assisting with the coordination and drafting of the new Companies Act.
In 2019, Chloe undertook the Gibraltar Tax Course at the University in Gibraltar and achieved the Professional Certificate of Competence in Gibraltar Tax.