“The Hassans’ Summer Programme is an exceptional learning and networking opportunity which should not be missed!”
Anna Buhler, currently in her first year of the Hassans’ Training Contract.
During our Summer Programme, you will sit with a Partner or Associate, as you take on real work for real clients. Alongside presentations and activities, you’ll explore our practice areas, and experience life as part of the Hassans team.
You’ll also network with other students, partners, associates and trainees. We consider our Summer Programme as an extended interview for our Training Contracts, so you will have plenty of opportunities to showcase your qualities and talents. The programme includes:
- 2 weeks’ insight into what life is like as a Hassans trainee.
- Hands-on experience of our practice areas, including drafting contracts, attending meetings with clients or partners, carrying out research, or attending court proceedings.
- Taking part in a moot, where you will get the opportunity to display your research, writing and advocacy skills in front of our moot judges, who are partners and associates.
- Participating in a workshop run by our real clients, who provide an insight into their businesses and give students a legal task to complete.
- Opportunities to network and to ask the kind of questions that will help you decide if Hassans is for you. The social element of our Summer Programme includes outings with trainees, associates and partners, ranging from informal drinks and tapas, to exploring Gibraltar’s historic tunnels and natural caves.
Learn more from our past Summer Students.
- Learn more about Anna
Who can apply?
You are eligible to apply to attend the Summer Programme if you are undertaking a law degree or are in, or will be starting, the final year of study of a non-law degree. We also welcome applications from postgraduates in law, and applicants who have, or are currently completing the Bar, LPC or SQE. There are also some spaces available on the programme for Year 13 students who have a firm offer to study law starting in September 2023.
Placement 1: 03.07.23 – 14.07.23
Placement 2: 17.07.23 – 28.07.23
Placement 3: 31.07.23 – 11.08.23
Applications open: 21.03.23
Applications close: 24.04.23
To apply for a place on our Summer Programme please read our guidance notes before completing the online application form.