What can I expect from the Summer Student Programme?
During our Summer Programme, you will sit with a partner or associate, as you take on real work for real clients. Alongside presentations and activities, you’ll explore our practice areas, and experience life as part of the Hassans team.
You’ll also network with other students, partners, associates and trainees. We consider our Summer Programme as an extended interview for our Training Contracts, so you will have plenty of opportunities to showcase your qualities and talents.
- 2 weeks’ insight into what life is like as a Hassans trainee.
- Hands-on experience of our practice areas, including drafting contracts, attending meetings with clients or partners, carrying out research, or attending court proceedings.
- Taking part in a moot, where you will get the opportunity to display your research, writing and advocacy skills in front of our moot judges, who are partners and associates.
- Participating in a workshop run by our real clients, who provide an insight into their businesses and give students a legal task to complete.
- Opportunities to network and to ask the kind of questions that will help you decide if Hassans is for you. The social element of our Summer Programme includes outings with trainees, associates and partners, ranging from informal drinks and tapas, to exploring Gibraltar’s historic tunnels and natural caves.
When and how can I apply for the Summer Student Programme?
To be eligible to attend the Summer Programme you must either be a graduate, or a university student in at least your second year at university.
You can apply for the 2022 Summer Student Programme between March 1st and April 30th 2022.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Head of HR, Richard Mor.