On World Environment Day, we are excited to launch the Hassans Environment Prize. On the same day in 2019, Hassans formed a Gibraltar purpose trust known as the Hassans Environmental Trust to mark the firm’s 80th anniversary. The Trust bought £80,000 of Gibraltar Savings Bank Debentures and are delighted to now be in a position to allocate the accrued interest from this investment.
As explained in the attached video by Tania Rahmany, Senior Associate at Hassans, we are offering up to 2 prizes, totalling £7000, to fund innovative solutions, ideas and initiatives which contribute to at least one of the following:
- Climate change mitigation
- Sustainable use and protection of water and marine resources
- Transition to a circular economy, waste prevention and recycling
- Pollution prevention and control
- Biodiversity conservation and nature resource conservation including protection of healthy ecosystems
The Prize is open to individuals, companies, charities or educational organisations based in Gibraltar. A 1000-word pitch must be submitted to email@example.com by 30th June 2023 and if shortlisted, applicants will be invited to deliver a 15 minute presentation to the Trustees.
We know that there are many people who want to help protect the environment in Gibraltar and we are excited to offer the Hassans Environment Prize to help bring these ideas to fruition.
The criteria can also be seen in the pdf here.