David joined Hassans in 2015 after 35 years’ experience working on international corporate and finance transactions from London, Houston and Paris, advising corporates, banks and international lending agencies such as the World Bank.
In addition to his corporate, commercial and finance practice, David is an expert on the development and financing of international projects in the Transportation, Infrastructure, Power Generation and Oil & Gas sectors.
- David Weber is an immensely experienced lawyer whose practice covers corporate, commercial and financial deals.
- He specialises in M&A, joint ventures, project development and all types of finance, including project finance, bond finance and acquisition finance.
- He has led on pioneering landmark projects, including the Channel Tunnel financing acting for the international bank consortium, the development and financing of the Hub power generation project acting for the project sponsors and the financing of the Chad-Cameroon oil pipeline acting for three major international oil companies.
David spent the larger part of his professional career as a senior projects and energy partner of Linklaters based in London. At Linklaters he led legal teams trailblazing the development and financing of international transportation, infrastructure, power generation, mining and petroleum projects.
More recently David was engaged by Total, based in Paris, and was seconded to the legal team advising the consortium on the Kashagan project, a mega oilfield development in Kazakhstan.
Since moving to Gibraltar and joining Hassans in 2015, David’s practice has broadened, acting for Gibraltar-based as well as international clients.
Recent transactions led by David at Hassans include:
- several loan and bond financings
- commercial and real estate joint ventures
- private M&A acting for sellers and buyers
- the sale of two copper mines in the DRC
- acting for the purchaser of copper royalties in the DRC
- acting for the lender on loans secured on DRC copper interests
- acting for the purchaser on two executive aircraft purchases
- the lease financing of a power plant in Gibraltar
- an oil & gas project offshore Ghana
- a gold processing venture in South Africa
- a gas exploration venture in Morocco
- a loan secured on Texas oil & gas production
- a purchase in the care home sector
- an outsourcing in the care home sector
- the flotation of a Moroccan group on the Nasdaq market by means of a SPAC transaction
- a subsea data cable project
- software development contracts
- a venture for the creation of a digital bank
- succession planning for a high net worth family.
2015+: Consultant, Hassans International Law Firm, Gibraltar
2012-2015: Managing Director, Blue Rock Consulting
2009-2012: Legal Counsel, Kashagan Project, Kazakhstan
2005-2009: Legal Counsel, KCTS Project, Kazakhstan
1984-2004: Partner, Linklaters, Commercial, Projects & Energy, London
1982-1984: Associate, Linklaters, Commercial Department, London
1981-1982: Seconded to Fulbright & Jaworski, Oil & Gas Department, Houston, Texas, USA
1978-1981: Associate, Linklaters, Corporate Tax Department, London, UK
M.A. University of Cambridge (Clare College)
College of Law, Lancaster Gate, London
B.A. Law, University of Cambridge (Clare College)
Haberdashers’ Aske’s School, Hertfordshire