Karl joined Hassans in 2012 and is a Senior Associate with experience in corporate and commercial matters.
Karl works closely with Isaac Levy and is regularly involved on a variety of transactions including, but not limited to:
- large real estate development finance transactions;
- advising on the establishment of Gibraltar-based corporate and trust structures;
- advising on the active management and control of Gibraltar companies, and
- advising on the provisions of shareholder agreements in respect of joint ventures.
Some notable examples of recent work that Karl has undertaken includes:
- acting for Sunborn Gibraltar on the issuing of a Euro 58,000,000 bond which has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- acting for a developer in respect of the financing of a major real estate development in Gibraltar consisting of residential, corporate and commercial buildings where the sum to be borrowed was in excess of £40m; and
- advising a Gibraltar company in respect of a re-structuring of debt in excess of £150m involving international entities.
Karl initially graduated from the University of Portsmouth with a Masters in Pharmacy with Upper Second Class Honours and thereafter worked as a community pharmacist in the United Kingdom for seven years.
He later chose to read law and attained the Graduate Diploma in Law from Nottingham Trent University. After completing the Bar Vocational Course from BPP University Law School in Leeds, Karl was called to the Bar of England and Wales in 2011, and the Gibraltar Bar in 2012. Karl is a member of the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn.