David joined Hassans in 2013 and is a Senior Associate in the Corporate and Commercial Department and forms part of the firm’s FinTech Team.
After graduating from the University of Leeds with an LLB (Hons) degree, he subsequently completed the Bar Professional Training Course at the City Law School in London. A member of the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, David was admitted to the Bar of England & Wales in 2013 and the Gibraltar Bar in 2014.
David’s practice consists primarily of corporate work, both local and international, working closely with Vikram Nagrani. David has experience in all aspects of corporate transactional work and commercial projects, including multi-jurisdictional financing transactions, corporate mergers and acquisitions, and corporate restructurings.
David also advises on private client matters, assisting high-net-worth individuals and families with the structuring of personal wealth and business assets. He has co-authored Gibraltar-relevant chapters in international Private Client publications.
With regard to his role in the Firm’s FinTech Team, David has experience with advising on token issuances, security token offerings and licence applications under Gibraltar’s DLT Providers Regulations.
Some notable examples of recent work that David has undertaken include:
- Acting in respect of the delivery of sale proceeds of a European pharmaceutical group (transaction value of approximately USD 10 billion);
- Acting for one of the world’s largest paper manufacturers on Gibraltar aspects in connection with a financing over EUR 1 billion;
- Advising on the widescale consolidation of a large multinational corporate structure by way of various schemes of arrangement pursuant to Part VIII of the Companies Act;
- Assisting on the Gibraltar corporate aspects of USD $500 million bond issue by a global packaging company.
- Acting for a global retailer in respect of a bond refinance (transaction value in excess of USD $400 million); and
- Acting for various Gibraltar Token Sale projects.