Prior to joining Hassans, Nicholas worked at another law firm in Gibraltar between 2010 and 2013 where he acquired a wide range of experience whilst acting for clients in the Gibraltar Courts, with an emphasis on commercial, criminal and family litigation.
Nicholas then welcomed the opportunity to join Hassans in 2013 where he has since worked closely with Vikram Nagrani and Grahame Jackson in all aspects of corporate transactional work and commercial projects, including restructures, mergers and acquisitions, international tax planning, and advising high net worth individuals and families on their personal and business structures.
As part of the Hassans FinTech Team, Nicholas acts on initial coin offerings, security token offerings and other distributed ledger technology matters including licence applications under Gibraltar’s DLT Providers Regulations.
Outside the office, Nicholas is an elected member of the Gibraltar Bar Council, and a member of the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple. He was Called to the Bar of England and Wales in 2010, and approved, admitted and enrolled as a Barrister of the Supreme Court of Gibraltar in 2011.
Some examples of work that Nicholas has undertaken include:
- acting for a GBP multibillion property group in relation to the continuing maintenance of numerous corporate structures;
- acting in respect of the Gibraltar corporate aspects of the restructuring and refinance of a GBP 100 million portfolio of regional industrial, office, retail and leisure assets located across the UK;
- acting for a number of registered charities in Gibraltar in making representations to the Government of Gibraltar which have contributed to amendments to Gibraltar’s legislation;
- acting for various Gibraltar Token Sale projects; and
- acting for clients in criminal and family law proceedings in the Magistrates’ Court, Supreme Court, and the Court of Appeal.